• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Commercial Opportunities

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwetzler

Reaction score
So, after months of encouragement from a close friend who currently captains for Southwest, I've decided to pursue my commercial ticket. Naturally, like I'm sure many others before me have, I have some apprehension towards spending a large portion of time and money working towards something that has seemingly little to offer in the way of guaranteed opportunity. That being said, one advantage (@ least in my mind) I have over others in a similar pursuit is that I can afford to (@ least initially) accept an opportunity that offers more in the way of experience than pay. In addition, I also am able to relocate with relative ease, should I need to "go where the work is". Personally, I would
Be happy with most any job that involves me at the controls of any aircraft, be it my 47 cub, or a 747. Getting to the point, in the spirit of what I've found to be a very word-of-mouth, "have to know someone" driven field, I thought I'd take advantage of one of several potential networking resources at my disposal...this forum. Anyone who's willing to offer advice, guidance, info on potential job opportunities etc., I would greatly appreciate it! Briefly, I live in South Central (York), PA, own a 47 J3C-85-12 and am open to any type of paid flying, be it instruction, banner towing, charter etc. I'd love to hear opinions on whether the J3 can be a viable platform for commercial endeavors, what experiences folks have had getting into commercial aviation, any agencies/businesses you may know of in my area (or others) and, like I mentioned before, any advice or info of any kind. Whatever it may be you have to offer, it's greatly appreciated!!!

Latest posts

Back