• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

A75-8 and McCauley Prop for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnhefley

Reaction score
I'm up-powering my J-3 to a C90-8 to run my new Baumann 1500 floats.

Consequently, I'll sell my A75-8, which runs great, and easily gets me off the water with my EDO 1320's, and leaps my J-3 off the ground on wheels.

The prop is a McCauley CM7038.

I'm a little short on additional details at the moment, because I wanted to post the engine for sale while your window of opportunity to experience this engine in flight is open. I finally closed on the C90 deal, and brought it home a couple of days ago, which triggers this sale. The opportunity to experience the engine in operation on my J-3 closes once my new engine is installed in a few weeks.

A couple of caveats:
1) I'm keeping the magnetos, and installing them on my new engine.

2) I had the prop overhauled a few years ago, and MAY have had it repitched. This will be resolved when I go digging for documentation, or when I get copies from the prop shop.

In any case, the engine and prop are in great condition. I've been extremely careful with the prop, especially on water. There is no visual evidence of water abrasion on the prop.

Prices and other details to follow. I wanted to get it out there now, in case a buyer wants to experience the engine while it's on the plane. It’s located at KFSO, Franklin County State Airport, Highgate, Vermont.

Call (or preferably text) me at EIGHT ZERO 2 - TOO Three 3 - two 3 Sevin Seven. (Write it down first. It’ll make sense.)

To be continued.
jh

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back