• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

C-85-12 F&M

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captual

Reaction score
Would anyone have the measurement on the C-85-12 Oil Cooler side plate- to the cowling?

I have the C-85-8 F&M filter adapter for the back (replaces oil screen). It of course will not fit the -12,
and I am working with F&M and a smaller adapter and filter to fit the -12 at the left cooler port.

"In recent conversations with Aero Accessories (manufacture Tempest oil fitlers) I was informed of a new oil filter they have released for the O200D engine in light sport aircraft. The fitler has an internal by-pass and is much smaller than the AA48108-2. They are sending me an oil fitler this week. If it is shorter, then we can utililze our current adapter Model T.A.F.-L, which mounts on the oil cool pad on -12 engines with the new oil filter and hopefully it will fit in your cowling. As soon as I recieve the fitler I will notify you of its dimensions. If you can tell me the distance from the oil cooler pad to the cowling, I will be able to tell you whether or not the new filter with our current adapter will work."
F&M

Back