• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

C85-12 Exhaust Pipe Length

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M.Evans

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought Exhaust stacks for a C85-12, they are taller than the A75-8 Exhaust stacks that I had (I'm changing from an A75-8 to a C-85-12), The C85 stacks are taller and move the muffler down about 2"(Approx.) The muffler shroud clears the oil screen port now by about 1". The problem I ended up with is that the New Exhaust system that I bought from WAG-AERO has a really Long Exhaust Pipe (Originally taken from the A65-8 design) and now the port that comes out of the Exhaust pipe shroud that feeds the Carb Heat box hits the bottom inside of the lower cowling and won't let me get the lower cowling onto the pins at the firewall. My solution would be to "Repair" the Exhaust pipe by cutting 2" of the top of the Pipe and shroud, which would make the whole Exhaust pipe assembly shorter by 2" thereby moving the outlet port for the carb heat up 2" so that it could clear the inside of the bottom cowling letting me get the bottom cowling on. WAG-Aero kept saying the same thing "This was a design manufactured from the original A65 Exhaust" and would not respond any further. (No Help), Because of the Taller stacks, I will also have to cut the openings for the exhaust to muffler portion of the stacks in the lower cowling deeper by Approximately 2". Has anyone had any experience along these lines?

Latest posts

Back