• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Brand new and lots of questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam8180

Reaction score
Hello my name is Adam and I am brand new to flying. Well flying myself I should say. I am 33 and grew up with a professional pilot as a father. Anyways I have finally decided it is time for me to start flying. I am going to try to get my LSA first. So, here are the questions... I am 6'4 and weight right around 235 pounds but am still dieting to get down to 225. The flight school I plan to attend is in my backyard literally but they only have one light sport which is not a big deal but it is 170.00 per hour. I have a very close family friend who has a J3 in perfect condition and just had its annual last week. I have been given a family discount price to buy this wonderful aircraft but my size concerns me just a bit. Any advice would be great. After crunching the numbers I would save tremendously with buying the cub and paying instructor time vs renting an LSA. Again any advice would be great.

Latest posts

Back