• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Bought a non-Cub Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Johnson

Reaction score
Well, I guess the midlife crisis is here. My buddy took me flying in her Pitts recently.

I. Had. No. Idea.

I've flown 67 different airplanes in the last 27 years and none of them was quite like that. No breakout forces. No coupling. No slop. It does exactly what you ask it to and anything less than perfection isn't the airplane - it's you. So, I thought to myself: "Perhaps I'll own one of those someday." What was it John Lennon said about life is what happens to you while you're making other plans?

Found a project, bid on it, won and the airplane turned out to be fantastic. Money changed hands and the only thing left is to transport it to Texas. Here's a photo. Plans built S-1D with the fiberglass wingtips and squared off trailing edges. Freshly overhauled O-290G with a wood prop. 90% complete with 90% to go.

Anybody got any Pitts parts they'd like to part with? Looking for instruments, flying wires, cowlings, wheel pants and a canopy.

I'm open to suggestions on the paint! Perhaps yellow and black?

BpqKUQWkKGrHqYH-CQEuJowI51SBLsUyBcu.jpg

Back