• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Anyone have info on this cub? L4 for sale.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodakaguy

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum. My father and I used to have a L4 cub ( i solo'd in that cub) and we are now looking for another one after a few years of not flying. We would like to find a newer restored J3 with a wing tank and a C-85.

This cub is For sale in CA. Not a correct L4 like our last one but looks like it would be a good performer. The Ad reads.

1943 PIPER L-4/CUB. 16 HRS TT since total restoration in 2008, Continental O-200 100 HP Engine with 16 hrs SMOH. Full electrical, with starter, Garmin GPS Nav-Com with moving map, Nav lights, Mode C transponder, intercom. 36 gallons wing tank fuel, metal prop, military paint. Fresh 2/09 annual. Gorgeous and a perfect flyer.

We are looking for a good flyer with new cover. Anything I should be concerned with on this plane? He said it supposedly is a original L4 but has no paperwork to prove it. Looking the N number up on the web shows a 42 J3....Hmmmm. The wings we recovered but the original spars were re-used (said they were tested and good). Still has the open struts. 100hp should perform great on a cub I would think?

The nose tank has been removed and two 18 gal wing tanks installed. This would probably limit it to a single person plane when full? Gross is still 1200. He said its solo from the front seat, any way to convert that to rear solo again with those tanks?

Thanks in advance for the advice. It's a long trip to CA so Id like to be as informed as possible before a trip.

Tom.

Latest posts

Back