• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

A65 RPM Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OregonCub

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Got the metal prop on today and took the Cub up for the 2nd Maiden flight (without having to declare an emergency) did 4 TO & LNDG's after the "nephew" did two laps alone without anything happening.
We did 2 of them dual, so he could check me out so we were quite heavy. On my two solo's I did get a little roughness once when some rain hit for a minute or two, so added carb heat for a little bit and
it went away. Good thing I learned that lesson real good!

Was happy with everything but had some real vibrations after landing. The runway here at KHTO is grooved concrete so I thought it might be that, but the grooves were pretty small compared to the amount
of vibration. When solo is wasn't near as bad, probably due to lower GW. Now I think it could be the Scott 3200 tailwheel shimmying. I did read a thread awhile back on proper inflation
and spring arching or attitude. Any thoughts on this?

Also heard a funny noise that I hadn't heard before when taxiing around or on the first day. When I got back to the hanger I grabbed onto the spinner and it fell off in my hands....... that was the funny noise!

I will post a new thread on an RPM question for the A65 as it is off subject. The engine doesn't seem to be developing more than 2100RPM's at full throttle.....

Latest posts

Back