• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

1939 J3F Piper Cub on eBay

j3cub

Former Owner and Admin
Reaction score
This is a 1939 J3F Piper Cub. It has been restored from the ground up. The aircraft is located in Midland, Mi and is stored in a heated hangar. The aircraft sat in storage from 1948 until around 2001. The aircraft is 85% completed. It needs new wing struts, windows and a new propeller. Overall it can be completed for around $4,500. The engine is a 65 hp Franklin. The engine has approx. 800 hrs since overhaul. The oil pressure is good and the compression is in limits. It is a hand prop with no stater adapter on the engine. The log books go back to 1939-40. The aircraft is registered and the N number is N39PW. Any questions let me know. 808.384.5275

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1939...pagenameZRSSQ3aBQ3aSRCHQ3aUSQ3a102#ht_500wt_0

d265_1.jpg

d265_1.jpg

jimrice

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That look remarkably like my Cub ;D

cubproject.jpg

cubproject.jpg

F

fly_cubs

Jim-

Like dave said last week......we could finish yours in two weekends....when can we start?

jimrice

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Jim-

Like dave said last week......we could finish yours in two weekends....when can we start?
Well, I should have the Swift annual finished this coming weekend. The Starduster will be ready to put up for sale in a couple more weeks. I'll be out of town for a week after that. I say we have the entire group show up here the weekend after July 4th and finish her up! ;)

In reality, it is a lack of space more than anything right now. I need to get the Starduster out of the way so we have more room to work. We currently have four planes in a hangar really only intended for two. Two Cubs, a Starduster and a Swift are a tight fit in a 40X60 hangar.......not to mention all the benchs, shelves, engine parts. My brother might be bringing home a new plane tomorrow too so we might be in real trouble!!!!!!

JimR

ATT00001.jpg

ATT00001.jpg

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim and Rick have so many planes that their Pawnee has migrated over to my hanger. I don't have much room to talk though -- I've got two M37's and a CJ2A out at Rick's farm.

Jim, we need to sort out the problem with the J3 aileron hinge. And, what was the name of that guy who had the J3 rudder that could be swapped for the PA18 rudder?

JimC

Latest posts