• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

WTB Glass Bowl for Fuel

Don short

Reaction score
I broke my glass bowl and need one. Can't find one anywhere. Mine is probably about 2 inches in diameter. If anyone has one or knows where I could buy one I would appreciate it.
Don Short
405-612-9522

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren't they the same as the ones on Piper Cherokees?

NE Cub

Reaction score
Don,

Unless you have an original show plane, might I suggest a much better, safer gascolator? Check out Steve's Gascolator:
http://www.stevesaircraft.com/gascolator.php

Our Cubs use an SA3-00.

I have no affiliation with the company, just a satisfied customer; tired of leaky, loose, bail-type gascolators.

Besides, I understand finding a glass bowl for our original gascolator is mighty tough to do.

George

Don short

Reaction score
I would really like the Glass Bowl if someone has one or knows where I can get one....
Thanks
Don short

Original 1

Reaction score
Got your pm, will email you the info on the glass bowl in a couple of minutes. GUP

AOP

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don, I've seen a couple of them on eBay, but they're rare. Get one you can use, and a glass one will turn up eventually. Few people want them these days.

Good luck

huston marlowe

Reaction score
Substitute a piece of tubing of similar outside diam. Could be any metal or plastic, but use similar thickness to avoid buckling. Just cut it square and smooth the cuts. Should seal into the Cork gaskets. Just an idea.

cubdriver2

Reaction score
Check at Tractor Supply, the Ford 8N ones look just like the aircraft ones.

Glenn

Latest posts