• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Why Don't My Wing Roots Match My Fuslage????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy critter

Reaction score
Some of you may know that I'm a taylorcraft, C170, and biplane gu-ro, but I know very little about the details of a Cub. So far everything has been pretty straight forward and simple. However I have had to ask about a couple of things that didn't seem obvious at first. Today I was at a neighboring airport where two cubs are based. I had the chance to look them over pretty good. Niether were show birds but did look very nice, much better then mine, especially the trim fairings & other cosmetic details. I know fairings are easy to remake and do wonders for appearence. I had already planned to replace my poorly fitting wing root fairings but after looking at the two cubs today(a 39' with wood spars, the other a 46' with metal spars), I noticed the wing roots(butt ribs) on both aircraft matched the top of the fuslage perfectly for a nice,neat,smooth transition across the top of the wing to the top of the fuslage. Mine on the other hand is not....the top of my wing at the root(butt rib) is about an inch or 2 higher then the top of the fuslage. Please take a look at the pics and let me know what ya think....I'm assuming a poor job replacing or repairing the forward bird cage but certinly open to ideas for those who know more then I. Let me know if ya need more pics. Thanks, Kev

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg

020.jpg

Latest posts

Back