• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Trim Indicator Original?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I broke the idiotic 020 safety wire trim indicator right at the pulley. Hopefully fixing it right.

I was wondering if the indicator/pointer I have is original or correct for a very early 1940 J3 Cub?

There is evidence of original primer and a few molecules of red paint remaining. The indicator is sharp with the last 1/16” bent down toward the floor. It looks to be silver soldered at the pointer and well worn. I have only ever seen the button head type that Univair sells. This one has a little evidence of being carefully bent out of welding rod similar to my seat belt attach points.

I’m replacing the spring, and wondering if I should replace the pointer. It does have character, as it snags your sleeves on cold flying days.

Appreciated in advance,
Brian

Attachments

• IMG_3769.jpeg
    IMG_3769.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back