• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Thank's Ray

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubdriver2

Reaction score
One year ago my mentor, my buddie and great friend Ray who will be 79 shortly asked me to deliver his pride and joy Pa11 to it's new owner Dave, who's pa11flyier on here. It was a bitter sweet day for me. I was happy for Dave because I knew he was getting a great Cub restored with a lot of love by Ray, who had owned a Cub since he bought his first one at 15 years old. I was sad for me because I had wreaked my 11 and wasn't able money wise to buy Ray's 11 for myself. I was very sad for Ray because I knew how important a Cub was to his everyday happiness. And I was sad for all of us that Ray had taken the time to make into better pilots and human beings.
Last night I got home from work around 7:45 and the sky had a magical look to it. A thunder boomer was threating to the west, But it was dead calm so I flew over the hill to Ray's like I had done a hundred times before and landed in the freshly mowed grass. I got out and Ray came walking over and I said " jump in " like I had offered 20 time before. " You know I feel pretty good I think I will ". As I watched Ray taxi away I couldn't help but feel that part of my flying life had come full circle. You see Ray was the one who hooked me on lite Cubs many years ago with the same " jump in ". Life is good.

http://youtu.be/lotT8Ua5QEM

Glenn

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back