• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

tailwheel landings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couleeone

Reaction score
As you know, I am a new pilot thus I am hitting all kinds of milestones. My logbook keeps track of the landings and today I went over 500 landings. For me, it seems like no two landings are the same, maybe some are similar but still different each time. Greasers don't come very often even though that is the goal and usually are a surprise. I have logged nearly 250 hours and 160 hours in the sport cub and nearly 200 hours tailwheel (I had 50 hours from 30 years ago).

Are you guys consistently greasing your landings? If so are they wheel or 3pts? I am more consistant greasing wheel landings over 3pts. Tell me how you do it?

After the next 500 landings will they be more consistent? I feel comfortable and relaxed but I always seem to get a little bounce, skip or float but I can put her on a specific spot. It seems having some headwind makes for a smoother landing.

I am courious of your thoughts.
most sincerely,
Geo

Latest posts

Back