• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Stromberg Mixture Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philco

Reaction score
I'm based @ 2500 feet MSL in Madras, Oregon but fly into strips which vary from 4500 to 250 msl. My A&I said my Stromberg was apparently running a little rich...it's wired to do so.

Have any of you installed a "Mixture Control" cable and if so, where did you run it? With effort I can reach the Carb heat so it could be installed there but it would be a lot more convenient if closer to the rear seat.

Could my plugs show some carbon build up because I've not flown much this winter and flights have been only about 30 minutes duration in temperatures between 40 and 50 degrees? During reasonable wx, I fly 2-4 times a week. Maybe I'm not flying enough this winter.

Central Oregon wx this winter has certainly better than what you Mid-West and East coast fellows have experienced but as I've gotten older (71++), my tolerable minimum temps have gone up:) and poor Mr. Cub stays in the hangar.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Latest posts

Back