• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Small Stock Tailwheel to Sensitive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Denton

This may be an old topic, but I thought you might want to know!

The stock small Tailwheel is very sensitive during taxi, and landings.
After inspection, I found the steering springs to be to large and stiff.
I installed a set of Scott springs, and now it works great, just like my J-3.
Below is the Letter of Authorization

To: The Owner of Cub Crafters Sport Cub CC11-00008
Subject: Aircraft Equipped with Scott Tail Spring Kit
The purpose of this document is to provide written authorization for Sport Cub Serial Number CC11-00008 to be equipped with a Scott Spring Kit P/N U2151A-000 in place of the Cub Crafters originally installed springs and associated parts.
This kit is to be installed using all appropriate parts of the kit and per the manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations. Also refer to section 6.3.7 of the CC11-100 maintenance manual.
This documentation is approval for the aforementioned alteration in accordance with the CC11-100 Maintenance Manual, revision A, section 6.3.7 and authorizes the removal, installation and replacement of the above by an authorized service person.
This change has not been flight tested by Cub Crafters but has been determined to not affect flight characteristics or to be detrimental to ground handling, although ground handling will be altered, and to comply with the requirements set forth in ASTM F2245-07, Standard Specification for Design and Performance of a Light Sport Airplane.
Gary Jacobs

Latest posts

Back