• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Shortest Air strip you have been in with a 65 hp Cub

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlaL4

Reaction score
Guys,

Have any of you had your 65 hp Cubs in to any really short strips, there are several around here owned by friends that I have gone in to with my O-1 but not with my Cub. Responses about Cubs with larger engines won't help, looking for 65 hp performance only.

There are two in the area that were easy in the O-1, one around 900 ft the other about 1200 ft. Both have an uphill grade of around 3% to 4% (north end is 30ft to 40ft higher than South end and are both one way in and out. You land uphill and takeoff down hill. Both have large trees at the north end. The 900 ft strip has no obstructions at the south end (you can come in low over the threshold)and the other has a RR track at 50 ft elevation at the South end 100 ft beyond the runway end.

You only go in to these strips on no wind days and 70 to 80 degree temps, solo only with light fuel.
Steve

Latest posts

Back