• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

My Cub Has a Home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shakey

The hangar availability in my area is dismal to say the least. When I purchased the Cub I had worked out a temp deal with Humboldt Tn until I got soloed. My instructor lives near that airport. I had other space which if needed I could use after solo. The problem is these airports are all over a 1 hour drive and only for community hangar space. Well as providence would have it a farmer walked into my store last week and while I activated his phone he saw a picture of my J3 on the counter. A conversation insued and Wala this fellow happens to have a REALLY nice and open on both ends 2400 ft grass strip along with a Hangar that was used in the past for a 172 which was owned by the person who owned the farm before , not to mention a private gated entrance out of sight of his house. He has offered the hangar to me free for the first year if I will fix it up. It needs around 1000.00 and a couple of days of work put into it. 2nd yr 75.00 per month. This along with fishing rights to 4 stocked ponds. This farm is 40 min from my store and my house and is located in McKinzie Tn. We made the deal and I will be going out this summer working on the hanger ,camping and some fishing of course. It seems to me that grass is home for the J3 especially with a wood prop. I plan on fixing the hanger where I can sleep in it. That will serve two purposes --1.If I get done flying it's late I can stay and fly early the next morning. 2. I will have an emergency spot to go if the wife throws me out. Its been 26 years but you never can be to careful. ;) I will be posting some pics in the near future

Latest posts

Back