• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Shock strut length?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob turner

Reaction score
I was so sure I posted a thread on this - cannot find it. A poster on Supercub dot org had a problem so I took these photos - I assumed all shock struts were the same general configuration and length, but recently these have drifted into my hangar. Different overall lengths, different bungee stretch dimensions, different bracing -

Univair and ExpParts sell struts that match the ones I see on 1946 Cubs and early Super Cubs, including the 95 and 105.

Anybody know what gives? Do I have J2 fragments?

6107274E-B8DF-4D42-8289-E325888D09CA.jpeg
58B82C04-3BEB-40B7-94D9-71B1E9BB271B.jpeg

Latest posts

Back