• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Shark mouth L-4 of 78th FG in UK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juhu

Reaction score
Good day and greetings,
I have come across this forum while searching some information regarding the sole photo of Piper L-4. I was not able to find the answer to my questions and if any member here would provide me with some hints, would be a great help. thank you in advance.

The photo shall depict the L-4? of 78th FG located in Duxford, UK. I would like to know what colors could this bird bear? It is interesting to see that very dark wing (top and bottom same dark color?), struts and apparently also fuselage bottom. So far I have found only the comercial model kit with very similar marking. It does have the shark-mouth too, also the serial No. is very similar, just "6" instead of "9", but it does not feature the dark wing color. I am tempted to believe that this plastic kit option shall depict my questioned plane, though not very accurately? So the question of colors still prevails.

1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Latest posts

Back