• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Scamming. People underway who want to rip you off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

De rode ridder

Reaction score
I just want to warn all of you over here that there are people underway searching this place trying to frame us. I have been contacted via Email ( not PM) with an offer for a Continental Engine Mount. 250 English Pound. The Address he provided me with was already questionable but,... you never know.
The first phonenumber he provided me with was not exsisting. On the second I contacted him and the audio quality was bad. When I wanted to have pictures, he said it was in his warehouse. It would take a while but I could thrust him. The price included FedEx shipping,.... Almost to good to be true and very unusual. That made me really sceptic already. I persisted with questions where it came from, who he was , some specific Cub questions and the answers were all general with no satisfying contents. He claimed to be dealing with aircraft parts for over 20 years.
I said, well then you definitely have some references.... And that is when he hang up(for the second time).
So either I missed out on a good engine mount. Or I just didn't lose 250 English pounds.

Should you come into this situation, you might want to double check before you blindly pay somebody.

Your experiences to share ?

Kind regards

Bart

Latest posts

Back