• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Ryobi power inflator tire pump.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AOP

In Remembrance 2023
Reaction score
I was walking through the local Home Depot yesterday and saw a really interesting little item. I have an electric tire pump and while it beats hell out of a bicycle pump, I still have to run an extension cord out to the airplane and it takes forever to inflate anything.

Ryobi has this little battery powered tire pump for about $25. I bought one and took it up to the hangar today and tried it out. My tires were down about 5 pounds, so three screws and a valve stem cap later, I hooked up the unit. It's about the size of a hand drill but only weighs 2 1/2 pounds. It only took about 20 seconds to top off the tires to 22 pounds, which is better than the other thing. It pumps to 150 pounds. It has a 2 inch pressure gauge, which is really nice, too.

It doesn't come with a battery or charger, but I already have one of their 18v hand drills up there, with batteries and a charger, so it worked out well. It's light, it's convenient and it does the job quickly.

By the way, Ryobi also has the best 18 v edger/trimmer that I've ever used, and I've had three gas trimmers. It does my whole yard front and back on one battery and it's light enough that I can carry it easily in one hand

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt-ONE-Power-Inflator-Tool-Only-P737/206159256?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-BASE-PLA-D25H-AirCompressors%7c&gclid=CJ7pyLyBp8kCFYP1HwodiV8Fpg&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back