• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Runway Winrow Damage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will767

Reaction score
Just a few minutes before returning to Lakeveiw Airport from a trip to Minneapolis MN. to pick up a dismantled J3, an instructor with a female student did this to my runway. The instructor was someone I had never met and had not been checked out by me or anyone else at my flight school. I don't know anymore who turned him loose with my Cub but he had this beautiful young 20 something year old movie star looking female with him. This could be why someones judgement got blurry and let him have the plane.

On landing he let the student slam the Cub down so hard that the gear spread out far enough for the prop to hit and shatter carving these little groves in the runway.
Note the piece of the prop hub in the picture.

scan0003-4.jpg

scan0003-4.jpg

scan0003-4.jpg

Latest posts

Back