• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Anyone heard anything from Bunkerhill,Shakey,Lee Simmons ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennisroc

Reaction score
I bought Lee's Cub,I know you are probably thinking :eek: . I live in South Korea and did the deal mostly through emails,pictures,phone calls and this site. I told him I would pick it up in Arkansas and fly it to Indiana.I told him I would arrive 17 Sep and be there for 2 weeks only and needed to have the airplane ready then,he says no problem,annual will be done in plenty of time.After arriving in Indiana, I call and things just went downhill from there, waiting on a gear leg,did not have airworthiness certificate.Trust me I could go on and on for hours. I had to take another weeks vacation just so I could finally get my plane.No problem for Lee but I had to call back to my job in Korea and get another weeks vacation,call the airlines and change the tickets for my wife and me.The prop had issues and he still owed money on it after he sold it to me. He said he would throw in some Cub extra's and that he had a set of tires that he would send to my daughter in Indiana. That's been almost 2 months:mad: and still no box. If anyone here knows Lee or stays in touch with him can you tell him to send me my tires. Im usually not like this and would never bring up someones name but I have given this guy a lot of chances and all I hear are excuses. He asked me to not mention on the site that he was selling his Cub for personal reasons and I told him I would not say anything,Probably the most foolish thing I could have done :eek: Anyway Im sorry for even bringing this up because its not my style but I just wanted to let everyone know to watch out for this guy.If I have made anyone mad here sorry and the moderators can block this if they feel its needed.
Lee if your still lurking here,I have gave you the address over the phone,sent it on the computer and also through text message's.
It's time to man up:(
Thanks for reading and letting me vent :D Have a great day:)

Dennis

Latest posts

Back