• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Prop Strike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acinc12

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatly while proping my J3-65-8 this morning, for a short taxi to a show parking area, my throttle was wide open. The aircraft nosed over into the asphalt taxiway. I have very large chocks, they worked perfectly. It was, of course, carelessness on my part.
The prop will be replaced and the engine pulled and inspected. I have been trying to find out, without any success, where and how much a rebuilt 65C engine would cost, and also how much more would a C75 or C85 cost (including the necessary additions that have to be made).

The aircraft is insured but I will be 86 this year. I am hoping to fly into my 90s, but realize if I file a claim I will be uninsureable next year. Just trying to sort out my options before deciding what to do.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back