• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Oil temp guage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VH-BOX

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been away a while recovering from a little tarmac surfing on my motorcycle. I was recently cleared to fly again, and had only done about a hour or so when my oil temp gauge decided to die, as the bourbon tube had leaked. I had it sent away and re-built, but when my LAME (A&P to you) installed it, guess what, the new bourbon tube had leaked! I am already tired of this game and was told that somebody somewhere can rebuild the original Cub instrument with a modern electric temperature gauge without altering the appearance. Does anybody know who this is? I have googled my heart out but got nowhere. I would rather have a very slightly non-original Cub that I can actually fly, than a totally original one that is a static display, especially after months of being grounded.

Latest posts

Back