• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Nice problem to have, I think...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hurmanav8

Reaction score
I have an interesting problem facing me, and I am looking for advice from you fellow "cubers" out there, please be honest as I value your opinions.

I am in the process of building a LMA J-5 modified to a HE-1, I am a warbird guy and this was a viable and rare variant, you just don't see them around.

But...

I have been offered the chance to build a L-4 from actual Piper parts, a local gent is cleaning all his airplane stuff out and has all the big parts, real L bird fuse, wings engines, sure its a basket case, but hey, this is part of the fun.
I figure going in that direction would take as long, and as much money but would be a legit L bird not a replica or clone.

At this point I see both side of the equation, so lets hear it folks, what do ya think?

Latest posts

Back