• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

My L-4 is going to be in a movie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlaL4

Reaction score
While at the Operation Cobra reenactment Friday thru Sunday there was a movie film crew shooting a lot of footage for this film that will be coming out next year. It has been a couple of years in the making with filming in several different places.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsjC-Vj1lfk[/ame]

(updated trailer 11/3)

There was a lot of footage shot of my plane as we flew missions during the event as well as footage of me taking off and landing. I was flying out of a 900 ft strip right next to the 400 acre battlefield. The field was too short for me to take off with my observer so I had to go over the Florala Airport to load him.

My observer was a young Lt and Army Aviator from Ft. Rucker who was there as a re-enactor. Here are a couple of shots but will load some video and other pictures later. The action was fierce with lots of Allied and German armor and vehicles.

The shot of my plane on the grass runway shows the smoke from the days battle just starting up across the road behind me. The other pic is me and my observer loading up at Florala prior to a mission

The movie also has a face book page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Red-Rose-of-Normandy/123318144373580

Steve

OC1.jpg

OC4.jpg

OC1.jpg

OC4.jpg

Latest posts

Back