• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Cool L-4 "Stuff"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnflyer

Reaction score
I've listed this stuff in a couple places. You've got an L-4, and need the "cool stuff" to make it complete. This is one big box that will make it feel like you've won the lottery! Some hard to find things in the collection, like the engine cover. I will not break it up, as it's all boxed up and I don't have time to deal with seperating it. Asking $1,000 for the lot, plus shipping (or can arrange local pick up). Let me know if anyone is interested! And, if someone wanted it, I could even be talked into including my WWII seatpack parachute.

Jim

International Liaison Pilot Association back issues (a large group, not all back issues)

All Grasshopper Wing newsletters (Cub Club L-4 group)

J-3 Service Manual (Wag Aero print)

J-3 Parts Manual (Wag Aero print)

L-4 Structural Repair Manual

J-3 Service Memos & Bulletins (Piper print, and copy)

Original, unused Pilot Handbook of Operating Instructions cover

L-4 Parts Manual (Copy)

L-4 Erection & Maintenance Manual (Original & Copy)

L-4J Pilot Operation Manual (Original & Copy)

O-170 Operation Manual (Original, excellent condition)

O-170 Overhaul Instructions (Original, excellent condition)

O-170 Parts Manual (Original, excellent condition)

Jaeger tachometer overhaul instructions

RCA Communications Manual (Original covering AVT-112, AVR-20A, AVA-120, AVA-126A)

Military Communications Manual (Original, covering same as above)

Drawings for making a AVA-120 replica reel antenna

Large packet of L-4 pics of other restorations, AVA-120 installation, and other various L-4s

Pictoral tour of Sheppard Field publication from WWII

DVD of WWII Training Film (Recognition of L-4, L-5, CG-4A, C-46)

Fold out postcard with many pics of training, and aircraft maintenance work from Sheppard AAF.

Blueprints of L-4 layout, stenciling, camouflage, dimensions, etc. (4 large pages)

(2) Original L-4 prop covers with Piper parts tag still attached

(1) Original L-4 engine/prop canvas cover made by Switlik (the parachute people)

(1) Unused message drop light

(1) Unused message drop bag with streamer

(1) Sheppard Field throw pillow cover

(1) Aircraft Mooring kit with all parts

(1) Army doctor/field surgeon tool kit roll

(1) M-167-A Army clip board

(1) USAAC L-4J checklist and checklist holder (copy/replica)

(1) Original kickplate curtain (good for using as a pattern)

(1) Replica rear seat back belt

A couple assorted pullies and brackets.

(1) pair of rudder return springs.

(1) primer spider

(1) Jaeger tachometer (Jaeger tachs turn both ways, so will work for a C-65, or C-85, C-90, etc)

(1) A-7 mag switch

(1) original sheetmetal piece for the A-7 mag switch

(2) Maze paper air filters: One still in cosmoline, one out and used for display only

(1) set of bungee covers (replicas)

(1) set of original bungee covers (one complete with Piper parts tag, the other dismantled to make the replica, but complete with Piper parts tag)

(1) Fyr-Fyter brass fire extinguisher (missing one plug, but think it might be in with the other parts)

Latest posts

Back