• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

More questions on Scott master installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hames57

Reaction score
I've opted to mount my Scott Master cylinders according to the mounting hardware that came with my new Univair fuselage. That mounts them well in board under the seats with just a peek of the heel plate out from under the seat. There was a piper bulletin from decades ago that intimates that is a location preferred by most of their customers. Apparently, the masters were mounted well outboard, and folks were complaining about using the rudder pedals without bumping the brakes. I've sat in the thing, and I can get the brake just fine though you certainly have to cock your foot at a significant angle to get to the brake.

Now my question is the best way to make the brake line to master cylinder connection. I have brand new brake lines, and they will need some kind of sealant when I torque them into the bottom of the master cylinders. I've hear tell that good old teflon tape is not good in fuel applications, and I assume not good in hydraulics applications. So,
What is the bets sealant to use on hydraulic connections, and fuel connections for that matter??

Latest posts

Back