• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Cub hydraulic brake parts description

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob turner

Reaction score
I keep repeating my old (9 years ago) Aeronca conversion parts list. I am sticking it here so I can simply post a link when a new Cub forumite has brake component questions.

Herewith:

So, a summary: Assume you will use two flex hoses each side, and one will be centered on the hole in the fabric:

90 degree fitting for caliper - 403x3, or Edelman 122320. You need two.

Tube nut - 105x4, or Edelman 121004. You need eight.

Hose - NAPA 36549 or Car Quest 4312. You need four (still under fifty bucks for all of them).

Adapter 202x3 - Edelman 124320 to adapt male end of hose, and 252x4 to boost that up to the right size (Edelman 126420). Two pairs.

And finally, at the master cylinder - two 45 degree elbows 352x4, Edelman 125420.

And that 1/4" Copper tube - six feet, to be safe. And a good tubing tool kit.

The owners are using giant Adel clamps to hold the copper line on the aft side of the inner gear leg. I cannot fault that, but if it were mine, I would simply wire it up to the left over brackets the cable ran through.

Also, I used bleeder screws on this installation at the master cylinder. We do not need them! If you do a J-3 style installation, the high point is not at the reservoir, but at the outlet end, and I find them necessary there. If you want bleeder screws, you need a "tee" with 1/8" NPT threads, at the output of the master cylinder.

Latest posts

Back