• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

more information on L4 serial: 13342

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phiku

Reaction score
Dear friends,

I'm new to your community.
Last year I've bought with some friends of mine the Piper L4 from our local Aeroclub. They wanted to sell it, because only a few pilots are still flying with it and they needed place for a "new" modern aircraft.
So we decided to safe it from going somewhere and bought it.
Now I would like to know, how we can find out more about the history of our "baby".
According to the documents we have, it should be manufactured in 1945 under serial # 13342.
But in the documents are also other serials mentioned:
fuselage: 13172
left wing: 14690
right wing: 18189

Does these different serials mean, that we do have an aircraft, that is assembled (maybe during war times) from different aircrafts?
Is there any official place, where we can get more information about the history of this aircraft?

We are located in the beautiful Central Switzerland, near the city of Lucerne.
Enjoying the flights over the alps in this old airplane makes everyone of us a big smile into our faces.

We love our baby and someday it will be have a full restoration. But for this we do need more information, to make it right and as close as historical correct.

We are now flying with the swiss registration: HB-ODH

Here is a pic of it:

Many thanks for any inputs and help in advance
Phil

odh_imflug_400.jpg

Latest posts

Back