• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Low HP Cubs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspectortim

Reaction score
Hey all, I only recently noticed that some of you own (or at least fly) J-2s so rather than mess around with heaps of PM's I thought I'd start a thread.

First off, I currently fly a friend's E-2 whenever the weather allows and I just love the thing to death. There's something about chewing along at 45mph on a summer day that makes it more fun than any other airplane I've flown. The only real trouble I've gotten myself into was on a hot, humid night when I was taking a girl for a ride and barely cleared the trees at the end of the runway.

Anyways, what are your guys experiences with low-powered Cubs? I don't really know many people who fly these little birds so this seems like a good chance to find out if procedures and experiences are normal...

-Tim

Edenvale fly in 2007 014.jpg

Edenvale fly in 2007 016.jpg

Edenvale fly in 2007 017.jpg

taylor-e2.jpg

taylor-e2.jpg