• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Looking at PA-16 Clipper to purchase. What should I be looking for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clipper1

Reaction score
I recently became interested in a 1949 PA-16 Clipper. This aircraft was completely rebuilt in 1984 and clearly whoever rebuilt it did a remarkable job as it looks like a museum piece. The instrument panel and interior are very well done. I am new to Clippers so want to know what I should be looking for in terms of problem areas in the airframe. It was last flown this summer, but annuals are past due and the logs have been neglected for the last 10 years.
Sure appreciate any feedback you guys can offer.

Brian

Latest posts

Back