• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

L4 Front Seat Covers and Canvass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyhoskins

Reaction score
Hello All

My Front Seat is back from my welding chap, and now I'm setting about the corrosion prevention and priming treatment. So as to keep the ball rolling, I haveyet more questions?

A bit of a puzzler for me I'm afraid, I remember reading the debates over what sort of Seat Fabric should be used on L4s, with studs, without studs, gloss black, OD? Lots of ideas, lots of questions, and just as many answers. Personally, there is a company here in the UK who make replica seats, curtains, and webbing for museums and wartime re-enactment groups who are happy to make me some covers if I provide them with the patterns. So the first thing on my list is, does anyone have the drawings for the seat cushions for the forward seat, and the rear seat cushion? Would be much appreciated if anyone has.

Now for the next bit. Have included a photo of my front seat before I began work. As you can see, its got two canvass covers, both of which are laced. I guess this is the only form of strapping for supporting the pilots back and bum, and that therefore the seat cushions slide over the frame on top of this? These are both torn, so I was looking to send these, along with drawings for the cushions, to the people over here for them to make me new.

Does anyone out there have any photos of how all the cushions, strapping, lacing etc goes together for the front seat, or again knowledge would be just as good.

Particularly those with L4s this is aimed at, especially if you've already gone through this hardship - help!!!

Our Front Seat.jpg

Our Front Seat.jpg

Our Front Seat.jpg

Latest posts

Back