• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Kit Builder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big D

Reaction score
Big D is the name I chose to go on line here, but my real name is Dave Prizio. I live in Tustin, CA about 40 miles SE of Los Angeles. I apparently have the first Texas Sport kit that will be assembled outside of the factory. I know that there is another builder currently going through the factory assist program, but I am going to do it on my own. My kit should be delivered this Friday (9/7) to my hangar at Chino Airport in CA.

I have built a GlaStar and a Sportsman 2+2 (Glasair kit, not the Wag Aero one) previously, so I don't expect to have a lot of trouble with the mechanical parts of the kit. However, I don't know a thing about working with fabric, so I have a lot to learn in that regard. I am looking forward to the experience.

I hope that other builders will join this forum and make this a place where we can compare notes and get help from each other as we proceed on our projects.

If anyone else working on one of these planes is interested I would be glad to give them directions to my hangar. I expect to be spending most Saturdays working on it till it's done.

Latest posts

Back