• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

J-3 Cub checklists and other documentation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob turner

Reaction score
I just got a question about what I use. cigar Tips is the tried and true checklist, and it is clear that the J-3 has neither POH nor performance data.

Let me offer the following as opinion. So far, this all works with DPEs, even under the current strict regime.

There is no official Piper data, except that on the single placard that we all carry. To satisfy a DPE that we know what we are doing, all we need to do is have a good idea of what our Cubs will do at our home airport, and a really good feel for the Koch Chart. Most DPEs will be amazed that a Koch Chart even exists.

Now, the checklist, which, so far, has worked: I shall cut and paste what we are using as of right now. Remember, the PTS specifically states where you have to have a checklist, and it must be equivalent to the manufacturer's checklist. That is where we win - 20-page checklists did not start appearing until the 1970s. We do not need to have a checklist item that says turn the mags on.

Latest posts

Back