• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Idle Speed Increased...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstates

Reaction score
I co-own a J3 with a Continental 75 hp out on front. I went to the hanger a couple days ago to find the fuel tank bone dry. I had flown it ten days before that and left about 4 gallons in the tank. It looks like I left the fuel valve on and it dripped until dry. We filled the tank and verified it does drip if left on. Good thing is when the fuel valve is closed it does keep this from happening. We also noticed during this flight two days ago that our engine no longer idles at 5-600 rpm, but at 900-1000 rpm.

First question, could the two issues be related?
Second question, if not related, what could cause the idle speed to increase (the cable on the carb is safety wired so it didn't come loose)?
Third question, what is the normal fix for the fuel leak?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back