• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

I need an engine!

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I had a prop strike a few weeks ago with my high-time A65 and have decided to re-engine my J3 with a C85-8 or C90-8. Anyone have any leads, besides Don's Dream Machines (can't afford 18k for a motor).
I am considering both running engines and those that need a rebuild. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn
[email protected]
815-262-2022

Renkou1

Reaction score
If you find two I'll take one off your hands. You can have all the cylinders.
I have 6 new cylinder studs complete.
Finder fee!

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glenn, Sam Jewell in Kennett, Missouri might build you an 85 stroker a good bit cheaper than that.

Paul, if you have 6 new cylinder studs, don't you need another 18 to make up a full set? What part of Australia are you in? How hot?

jimrice

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I agree about Sam Jewell. I grew up in Kennett and have known Sam as long as I can remember. He has built up a bunch of engines over the years and does great work. I know a couple here locally (Memphis area) he built and they are running strong. He does the O-200 crank/cam STC mods.

http://www.jewellaviation.com/

[email protected]
(573)888-5846
(573)888-0228 fax

If you have trouble reaching him, PM me and I'll give you his home phone number. :)

Renkou1

Reaction score
Negatory on the Australia and needing 18 more cylinder studs.
Didn't mean hold down studs ment complete cylinder assemblies....pistons pins valves springs.....
Everything except the intake gasket hoses....
Complete top ends. So I have two more cylinder "studs" than I need for c85-8.
Partial trade on bottom end/cases?
R