• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Don's Dream Machines Q and A.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all.
My name is Lee and I am the lead mechanic and manage the day to day operations at Don's Dream Machines. I have been working on airplanes for the last seven or eight years and exclusively building engines for the last three. We are based at EKY in Bessemer, AL. I spent almost a year commuting to Georgia on a weekly basis to learn from Don Swords, who founded Don's Dream Machines and eveloped our current STC's. While our focus has been on the four cylinder Continental and Lycoming engines we have tackled various aspects of engine repair on a wide variety of naturally aspirated engines.
We own three STC's:
1) is the C85 O200 conversion that allows installation of the O200 crankshaft in the C85 engine.
2)is the conversion of any C series or O200 -12 crankcase into a -8 crankcase
3) is the ability to swap an O200 case on to any C series engine.

My partner is Don Wade who also owns and operates C&D aviation, as well the newly founded Patriot Aircraft.
I am here to help out. Ask away or just to talk about any of the project going on at any of the three companies.
Our current project include and J3/L4, 1929 Great Lakes Trainer, PA-14, J2, another L4, and advising another member here on his restoration of an almost completely intact 1946 J3.
On the engine side nothing to exoctic currently the standard fair of C85's, A65's, a C145, O235 and a CC340.
20190926_152427.jpg

20190809_161312.jpg

20191224_091106.jpg
20190117_170848.jpg

Latest posts

Back