• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

fuselage question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian s

Reaction score
Oh boy I went ahead and did it now! Tore the tail wheel attach fitting out a couple of weeks ago (NO----- I WAS TAXIING I SWEAR!!) This airplane has always been suspect so I tore down the entire airplane in three days. Boxed everything up, labeled it, and now I am staring at a pretty rough fuselage and a truck load of old parts. It's a 39 trainer that was clipped in 81 with a questionable c85. This will be my first aircraft restoration so I apologize in advance for the soon to be barrage of questions you all will field. I would like to know if anyone knows where I can find the steel former that makes the transition from the top fuse former to the leading edge of the vertical stabilizer. This would be the piece that travels directly above the jackscrew and has a small circular section to allow passage of the jackscrew through the top. I can't find this part listed anywhere. By the way if there is anyone in northern illinois or southern wisconsin that has done a recent restoration or could be of some assistance I would greatly appreciate it, as well as anyone who would be willing to feild a couple of phone calls if necessary. I figured I would start with any easy question just to see how smart you guys are. I've been milling around this forum for some time and it's obvious there are many of you who really know your cubs. So without further delay (LET THE FUN BEGIN!)
Thanks All
Ian Snook

Latest posts

Back