• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Full Power Stall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried one this afternoon, with just me (200 pounds) and about 3 gallons of fuel on board. From cruise flight, pulled carb heat, reduced throttle to idle, slowed to 40 mph indicated in straight, level flight, started adding throttle and pushed carb heat off, continuing to slow as I added power. Ailerons started getting really mushy at at roughly about 30 mph indicated, and by about 27 indicated I had switched entirely to rudder for roll control. Stall break (what there was of it) came at 25 mph indicated. Nose settled about 5 or 10 degrees from its highest position, and that was about it. I don't have a ROC indicator, so don't really know how fast I was losing altitude during the stall (I was watching the airspeed indicator out of the corner of my eye -- next time, I'll watch the altimeter).
JimC

Latest posts

Back