• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

First Engine Oil Change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N3502C

Reaction score
Hello members. This is my first message thru this forum.
Just had my first oil change done for my CubCrafters Sport Cub. Total engine time 24 hrs. It was interesting to watch. I was able to assist. For one thing by removing the top and bottom halves of the cowling. Rather time consuming as there are more than 50 screws n washers.
Having a wooden prop I had the front bolts checked for proper torque. One of the 6 or 8? required a 1/4 clock turn to meet the specs. Also had an oil sample taken for later analysis and the oil screen removed and cleaned.
I have a question about the rocker arm set screws which have been reported coming loose?
The AnP mechanic said the O-200 does'nt have them. Can some one explain?

Latest posts

Back