• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Dave Henderson is coming right along.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AOP

In Remembrance 2023
Reaction score
Len asked me to post this for him that he received from Dave Henderson.

Well its one day at a time. I went to the VA today and they finaly woke up and realized that I have been on pain medication for over 40 years and geee there must be a reason for it. The Doctor actually looked at the MRI films and looked over all of the 19 operations just in the past 3 years and then looked at my damage from Agent Orange including my heart disease that they have attributed to the exposure to AO. The best comment in 3 years "apparently you really do need to stay on pain medication" God it was like someone finaly came out of a coma and realalized just how bad I hurt and sitting in front of them are the pictures telling them that I hurt all over. So she finally put in on the right dose of Morphine every day which is 6 30mg instant release and 3 30 mg time release. That was this morning and she gave me a script for a weeks worth to get filled right away at the local pharmacy till my regular arrives from the VA in a week. This afternoon has been one of the most plesent ones I have had in years. My pain is down around a 3 or 4 and I can actually think about something else other than the damm pain. I even went down in the shop and packe one of my sport parachutes and it did not kill me doing it. I feel like I have fought this battle with them forever but finaly won the war. Like some giant lightbulb went off in her head. So now that I have gotten through with what seemed like a life long battle the decision was made that this was permanent and so I will not have to fight them every month and they won't keep trying differant pain killers as I know what works and what dosent. I am 63 years old I could case less if I get dependent on it after all after 40 years on it I did try to stop it instantly one time and caused a heart attack. Not going to do that again.
So thanks for asking and I think I can say better this time.
Dave

A post script from Len . He has a "Friends of Dave" list that he passes on messages to. Should you wish to be placed on the list, get hold of Len at [email protected]

Back