• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Cub Wing Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

invisiblekid

Reaction score
I am building a Wag Aero Clipped WIng Cub. Several questions that maybe someone can answer that the plans do NOT! I am building a wood spar, wood rib clipped wing. First question is about the #1 compression tube, where it attaches onto the rear spar. It is made of 3/4" tubing, and it appears it fits onto/over a 5/16" bolt that is one of the bolts that holds the wing attach plates onto the spar. There is also a fitting for a drag wire in this assembly. It looks to be like it simple sits over the top of the bolt head, with nothing else holding it in place but the "compression" between the ribs and the drag wire tension. Anyone know?

Second question is about where the holes are drilled in front and rear spars for the compression strut fittings. The plans (with several errors and corrections), basically show the bottom hole of the fitting to be 1-1/2" up from the bottom of the front spar, and 1-5/8" up from the bottom of the rear spar. Way I see it, with all the measuring and figuring I can do, is that the plane of the drag wires is not ninety degrees from the spars. The plane will actually tilt up from the front spar to the rear spar. And relating to the first question, it will really tilt up to that 5/16" bolt on the rear spar attach plate, cause it is supposed to be at 2-11/16" up from the bottom of the spar.

Appreciate anything useful from the experts.

JM

Latest posts

Back