• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Change from standard to exp/lgt sprt registration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombro44

Reaction score
Hi all, read the recent post titled owner assisted annuals. I'm very attuned to all those arguments. Has anyone ever heard if it's possible to change a standard category airworthiness certificate (for a plane such as a cub which meets the light sport requirements also) to a special airworthiness certificate in the light sport category?????? The reason I ask is I used to be an IA, and on a recent renewal, was told I didn't meet the requirements, with a mix of annuals and repairs and alterations, even though my last renewal sheet looked very much the same. Of course I could have listed my plane for an annual every quarter and gotten my renewal like some others did, but thought that was ridiculous. So if it were possible to change the airworthiness cert, I could do the annual condition inspection under my AP. As a mechanic, it's sacrilege to me to have anyone else work on the plane I fly in. Just trying to figure a way without the aggravation/liability of maintaining an IA. Any thoughts??? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back