• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

C85 Oil Leak at Air Induction Housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshlober

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've recently developed an oil leak in my C85. Yesterday, with the cowling off and the engine clean and dry, we ran it to locate the leak. It was quickly apparent that it was coming out the rear stud that connects the air intake housing to the case. The oil is coming down the stud, not on the outside of the Air Induction Housing. The Continental Manual says that the castle nuts should be 'finger tighten snug'. I didn't think that the two studs that hold the air intake actually enter the crankcase, so I'm not sure where the oil is coming from. However when the Castle nut is gently tightened by wrench, the leak stops.

The attached photo is a few years old, and shows the studs/nuts in question.

Anyone have experience in this area?

Thanks,

jl

AirInduction copy.png

AirInduction copy.png

AirInduction copy.png

Latest posts

Back