• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Bungee Strut Lubrication

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hames57

Reaction score
I checked the archives and may be using poor search words, but can't find any comments on lubricating my new bungee struts. My plan is to use a relatively heavy water resistant lube that is dark blue. Lather up the male piece really well, with particular attention to the internal channel that has the bolt carrier piece, stuff it in the female piece, and wiggle it all around. Hmmm...the imagery is a bit erotic though unintended.

If anyone has a better plan or comments on better lubes, let me know.

The lube I'm talking about is used on boat motor I/O jack screws, and has never let me down in fresh or salt water applications...on my boats. I don't see any FAA issues or Piper directives relative to the "correct" lube. If there is, please let me know.

Latest posts

Back