• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Bill of Sale Limitations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stearmann4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm deploying tomorrow morning, and as you guys know, I bought a Stearman a few weeks a go, but it will stay in the midwest with the seller stored until next July when I can bring it home. From my limited airplane purchasing experience, I know you send in the FAA Bill of Sale and Registration paperwork when the transaction in complete.

So, I know I'm going to pay some state sales tax, but I don't want my wife to have to deal with that while I'm gone, and technically I won't owe any tax until I bring the plane into WA.

My question is; if the seller and I agree, can I delay sending in the bill of sale and registration for a few months until I return. The bill of sale has a date of Nov 1st, on the seller's part but I don't know if that will make any difference to the FAA. It's just that while I'm gone, the wife will get a letter saying pay taxes, I'll have to coach her over the phone or via email on how to reply, if she doesn't do it right, our state are real weenies about airplane tax.

I've checked all the sources I know how, and couldn't find any time limits, but surely it's 30 or 45 days or so after the transaction it would seem?

Mike-

Latest posts

Back