• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Aux fuel tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avionic

Reaction score
Hello J3 Cub-Word.

This is my first post on this magnificent forum. I have been reading and following the discussions here for some time so I kind of feel like I know some of you a bit.

I was wondering if somebody out there could help me.
I am restoring a 1945 J3C-65 together with a group of people up here in Iceland.

With me being the only A&P and Avionic guy in the group I get to boss the others a little bit around ;D but on the other hand I also get to keep the headaches when they arise during the building process. :-\

We have installed a 12 gal aux fuel tank in the left wing. It is an Aero Fabricators tank which is Wag-Aero now.

We bought this tank from a friend who bought if from his friend and somehow some of the STC SA560GL paper work has gotten lost over the years and I am now missing the STC front page and the AML list. I think I have got all the rest of the paper work, i.e. the installation and continuous airworthiness instructions etc.
I have contacted Wag-Aero they were VERY friendly and helpful but could not help me since I could not dig up who bought the tank originally from them. Without that information they are unable to backtrack they're files.

I was wondering if anyone out there had a copy of the FAA STC and AML that they could send me. I have looked at the FAA web page but it is not there, it usually is but not in this case. I will need these when I submit the paperwork our local Icelandic CAA.

Thank you.

Valdi

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_2421.JPG

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_2421.JPG

Latest posts

Back